Thursday, August 7, 2014

A Blog Hop



Here is something new and exciting.  I was asked by my author friend, Kim Curley, to be included in a blog hop, what is it?  Well, check the questions that Kim responded to on her blog:



Now, I have to tag two (2) people to join me in this blog hop and answer the same questions.  I have chosen:



Here are my four questions and my four answers.

1)  What are you currently working on?  A series of impressions presented in a blog with the blog being my focus for writing and developing various themes.  I am writing about people I know who are facing difficult situations and it is a way to honor those trials.

2)  How does my work differ from others of its genre?  I don't really know at this point that would be my honest answer.  It would be hard for me to pin a genre on this current work.  Generally , I write poetry which is more about what I see and hear about me.  Also, I enjoy writing fantasy with lots of lovely dragons, magic, strong women characters and strong friendships and a very evil bad individual of some sort.  

3)  Why do I write what I write?  The words keep coming into my mind, various ideas, impressions, poems and essays. I have in the past tried to ignore them particularly at night when I am working on getting to sleep.  Lately, I have been grumbling, turning on the lights and writing.

4)  How does my individual writing process work?  Often I will jot down impressions or descriptions of what I am seeing or hearing for when I am writing poetry.  I do the same for the blog that I am currently writing about people who are experiencing different life experiences.  I ask questions and try to be true to how they are feeling, what they are experiencing and how I feel if it affects me as well.  I have a drawer filled with torn envelopes, half sheets of paper, sticky notes and notebooks filled with partially written ideas, dreams and the hard attitudes of some characters that are waiting to speak.  It seems that in every moment, something else pops into my mind and the writing begins.  

Having said all that please remember to check out the blogs by Kim Curley, Lauren Bailey and Seann Branchfield. 

1 comment:

  1. Thanks Joyce, I'll get on answering soon! Here is a link to my blog:
    http://oceanbitchmistress.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete