Monday, April 24, 2023

Huh, the Things They don't tell you

 

Huh, the Things They don't tell you

This is about personals. If you are shy, easily offended, or just do not want to go there, move on.

I was greatly disturbed a few weeks ago when I realized I was going to be sixty-nine years old. Why? I do not know. I haven’t been worried about the other birthdays; the other age groups now past. It is just well, things are not happy, you know, down there. I figured it was just other thing to annoy me on a day-to-day basis. Now I find out by flipping tv channels, it is an age thing.  On The Drew Barrymore Show was a medical doctor answering questions about important stuff.  A television show actress asked the question about well, down there.  Dryness, irritation, itchiness, and general discomfort.  Bingo! I was winning on all fronts. And it could be helped. 

I disregarded the hormone creams, particularly after looking at the supermarket at things inserted into the depths. Nope, not what I was looking for.  Which meant, it was time to head to the internet to search for natural remedies.  Well, hello.  Aloe Vera.  I got up and walked over to my recently transplanted Aloe.  I started talking to her since this was to be a group effort and to simply prepare the plant for a trimming job. I explained mother was sorry but I needed to try something new and it required a small donation.  I figured I would start with what was close to hand in my house, the plant, olive oil in the kitchen and though I searched there was no coconut oil to be found. No problem, I could see it clearly on the shelf at the store in my mind and would pick it up later. I won’t go into the details of the Aloe Vera experience but the results were immediate.  Comfortable and happy. I am glad to report equal success with both the olive oil and the coconut oil. Plants are food and medicine.

Now for the other thing.  I am happy to be approaching the end of another year.  I can’t complain. I kept waking up. I am still here.  

No comments:

Post a Comment