Friday, March 4, 2022


 

Walking with Bella  

 

I went walking with Bella today.  I can’t say it was a long time coming as I didn’t know she would be part of my life until I received an email stating she would be arriving.

She doesn’t mind the cold and seemed to particularly interested in sharing her warmth and comfort as she could provide. Today was a windy day so we bundled up, cuddled a bit and I cooed to let her know how soft and pretty she was even though her size was not great.

The sunlight was deceiving, the wind was cutting but we put our heads to the wind and bravely continued down this street and another, stopping to gaze at the silly daffodils blooming in the chill. I moved her a bit to settle the warmth between us. Not a single complaint as she was adjusted here and there to ensure continual warmth beneath a hiding sun behind storm clouds hovering with a wish to rain.

I knew our walk would not be long with rain seeking to drop out of the sky. It was after all a first walk for us. A time to get acquainted, to find out our likes and dislikes, how we would fit together and to dream of our future.

We didn’t talk, there was an easy silence between us. No words were needed just a comfortable feeling of new friends.

 

This little story is for Anne, my sister-in-law and her great kindness and cleverness.  A wonderful gift given in love and very timely with the chilly weather.  I thank you. Bella is a beautiful Merino wool scarf woven on a loom by Anne. 

No comments:

Post a Comment