Monday, May 25, 2020

Workng on Something


Working on Something

Every time, I even thinking about writing something, I have been stopping myself except for a fictional story in which one of my friends has become a character of sorts.  I am not sure at times what she is up to but she is quite secure in whatever direction she might be going in.
Here is an excerpt:
A rather large basket was being filled with fresh baked cookies, pies, and scones. The little witch who was not a witch asked her cat, “Can you think of anything else?”
“Firestarter?” questioned her cat.  “Don’t be impertinent,” the woman said. “Not on a first meeting.”
Because of the brakes going on in my brain, I have put several small essays in this blog.  Random thoughts but they were what I was thinking at the time.  As for our life style for the man and I are doing pretty much the same things we were doing before Covid 19.  Staying home, doing laundry, cooking, eating, reading, walking, and working on writing when inspired or not inspired.

Yesterday, I felt the magic returning.  We were listening to Loreena McKinnett when the feeling returned to me.  I am feeling it now as I am playing Mummers Dance.  I could attempt to explain my magic, the joy, the beauty of realizing power.  You may believe or maybe not.  The magic may be just the beauty of the music vibrating in my body.  I know it to be more.  All is as it is intended.

Perhaps today, you will find yours.


What you’ve Got

There is a song about “You don’t know what you’ve got until its gone.  I was realizing this more and more as I worked on deleting pictures from my cell phone.  I had gotten a message from my cell phone about your space is dangerously low and could affect your applications.  I have a bit of time on my hands like so many of us do in this unsettled time of Covid 19.  I worked on deleting conversations, pictures, and videos to free up more space.

My main thought was the same one during the process of deletion.  Well, I don’t think that will be happening for a long time.  Road trips back from the valley with great pictures of clouds building up for storm, pictures of breakfasts, lunches, cookies I had bought for friends.  The moments of life, the past of truly wonderful times of being with the man, my husband doing things outside of our home, eating new things, window shopping without really buying. Telling someone you don’t know excuse me as you pass them in the narrow parts of a boutique or small shop. The man making cookies for Christmas with frosting everywhere, pictures of the Challah being braided, finally baked and cooling. 

Why, do I need to delete my life?  

Everything has its time

Each morning, I wake up and try to think, is this the day?  The time of decision of when I say I am staying home, retiring to play.  Particularly now, in this time of uncertainty I am wavering a lot.  Insurance is a good thing.  I will be sixty-six in a month from today.  Do I get a prize?

I would like the feeling of being in a bad story to go away. This morning for the first time, I faced the facts of a world turned upside down.  I have always looked forward to my latest birthday.

This year, my husband, the man is going to make a banana cream pie.  Of course, it will depend on whether or not we can go shopping, with Covid 19 everywhere.  We are becoming more and more careful each day. I had us get lots of things nearly 2 weeks ago with the intent of not shopping for a long time. But there is always something not on the list.

There are advantages.  I don’t have to pluck my eyebrows, or worry about my chin hairs.  If you are social distancing, the recommended 6 ft no one of your age bracket is going to notice.  In fact, I imagine farts are prevalent. Unless, a big cracker is let go, no one will notice.

Still, after the run on toilet paper, the charge to get graham crackers may be the next big thing.  Smores?  Oh, that is right, no outside events.  Can they be done in the oven?  I just want some for my banana cream pie.  It is a favorite.  After the birth of my son, my only wish was a banana cream pie when I got home from the hospital.  It was there.

Clothing in its place

Clothes, I have too many.  It has really hit home just this last week or so.  I have changed my wardrobe to just a few pieces.  Daily, clean socks and underwear.  Weekly, one pair of black pants with pockets to hold my photo ID, a credit card, keys for the car and for the post office box.  Two cotton shirts and a fleeced dark blue jacket courtesy of where I work. I stuff my cell phone, computer reading glasses, and badge for work in the pockets of the jacket. I added a bottle of lotion to help my parched, washed hands.  I felt naked.  The weight on my shoulder is gone. My purse sleeps at home.  I came to the realization it is extremely hard to sanitize leather.

I have a coat for work, gloves for work, a mask for work.  When I come home, I strip, black pants, long sleeved fleeced jacket are placed on bed we aren’t using for the night, I wash my hands and put on my home clothes.  I can’t imagine what others have to do.
 
I saw a shirt in a window at a small boutique. I private messaged the little shop on their Facebook page.  She checked the size on a Monday, called me and I bought a shirt on the phone.  She delivered.  It is in the trunk of my car.  In a week or two, the bag will be bought into my house.  I will take it out of the bag. Hang it up in the closet where it will stay for another two weeks in quarantine. It is pink.  It will be warm. It is beautiful. I haven’t seen it except in a window.

No comments:

Post a Comment