Sunday, March 10, 2019

Waiting for the Other Shoe




Waiting for the Other Shoe

            Do you ever have those moments of feeling like you are waiting for something? It is almost a heightened state of awareness bordering on some of the same effect I feel when I am attempting to meditate.  It causes me to pause, to listen and to reach out with my heart.
 
I had a moment last night as I work towards drifting to sleep. Not really a feeling of what will happen next but instead a feeling while I was compiling a list of what I was grateful for in the day I had just traveled through. I had a moment of awaiting, holding my breath, seeking out with my mind for a thread to grab, looking for the clarity to gain some insight.  I lost it. Gone as drops of rain dripping off a leaf to be absorbed into the earth. At least, out of my sight.

It seems I am getting a lot of messages. I just wished the telegraph system was better. I can hover in my mind on the edge of the universe taking in the view all I want, but when I return I am reminded of so many things, when turned on edge, seem to be lacking something.  I ignored most of it.  Instead, I watched the man going about his business, vacuuming, doing dishes and I enjoy the occasional nuzzling of my ear on his way to complete another errand.

Today after going to the grocery store, I let him know I was going to be reading for ten minutes before I started the casserole dish.  I put some items in the refrigerator and promptly sat down to enjoy a new book I had barely started.  Out of the corner of my eye I saw my husband looking intently at the recipe that his mom had given him years and years ago. Soon he was cutting up the onion, preparing it to sauté in a small frying pan. I read a few more sentences and headed to the kitchen.  Patience is not a state for his tummy.

Patience, it is hard to have patience.  Currently, I am waiting for the years to roll by so I can retire. I am still absorbing the idea.  I am hopeful I can treat it as new job. Get a schedule started.  One, get out of bed. Two, think about breakfast.  Three, kiss husband as he heads out the door for work.  (Yes, I am a cougar.) Four, take a walk. Weather permitting.  You get the idea.  Purpose, reading, writing and arithmetic to be enjoyed daily. Why, the arithmetic?  Well, how much money will I have?  Expenses? How long will I be enjoying this world?  I ought to have a plan of some sort.  Or I could simply wait for the other shoe to drop.




No comments:

Post a Comment