Sunday, March 24, 2019

Aggravation and Relief





Aggravation and Relief

Sometime the simplest thing can aggravate you.  Perhaps this is not a conversation for the faint at heart as it involves potty talk. I am talking about heading to the small room after waiting too long, standing in place, trying not to dance as you try to separate the paper toilet seat cover in order to use it.  Aggravation, near terror, hopelessness and a compelling thought to stand and hover to take care of the problem.  Damn paper product.

Allowing the flow of bodily waste to pass warm from your body is one of the greatest pleasure in life. There is no judgement, no need to hurry once the process is in place as you rest gently in a publicly designated spot, in a stall with the door firmly closed behind you.  I have been out in the woods with rain or snow hitting my bare backside.  The great relief was not diminished in any sense.  Though the drip drying was not exciting.
 
I am trying to take my moments of aggravation out where I can examine them more carefully, to dig out the roots, to laugh at myself for nonsensible emotions I seem to be having at the time.  This is my truth. “This moment will past.” “The next moment will come.” “I will be.”

Gratitude should play into this somewhere.  Being grateful for a body which takes care of itself without much effort on my part is a win-win situation as far as I am concerned.  But I am working on it.  I am making an effort.  Adding various different vegetables into our meals, yes, the man, my husband is involved in taking care of ourselves.  Not only are we working on eating better daily, stretching our bodies, walking, playing games but periodically we attempt meditation on line with Deepak Chopra and Oprah.  We are not good at doing it daily but we are at least aware perhaps a higher view point would be good for both of us.  Procrastination is not just a big word.  It is a lingering habit right up there with the promises of an afternoon walk which does not materialize, reading uplifting prose to expand my mind, hell, just head for the cookie with a cup of coffee or tea to wash it down.

I am getting older.  I will be sixty-five in a few months.  I think I am doing well.  I can still walk and think.  I can touch my toes.  I practice it daily or try to.  When I was on the bed placing the eye drops for my dry eye problem, I found myself just continuing to rest on the bed.  There was really no pressing reason to get up yet for our walk. I relaxed my knees and let my legs rest fully on the bed.  This moment is perfect I thought to myself. I am perfect. I am loved. I gave thanks to the glorious father and divine mother.  I allowed myself to breathe in the perfect moment.

I find myself seeking these moments more and more as the days go by. It is better than aggravation.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment