Sunday, July 27, 2014

Clouds




When driving back from grocery shopping with my husband’s ninety year old mother I was absorbed by the beauty and contrast of the wispy clouds in the very blue sky.  A rare event here on the Oregon coast where we live with a heavier cloud cover most of the time except when it is raining and no one dares to look at the sky for fear of drowning.  I remarked to my family, “Who makes the clouds.” As I said it very softly, no one answered.

                It was a rather silly thought that opened up a lot of various ideas spinning in my head ranging from the scientific explanation of water vapor in rising air parcels condensing to form cloud vapor to the more fantastic version of elemental beings dancing in the wide expansion of air painting with water droplets to angels on holiday relieving boredom.  I rather like the idea of little spirits dancing about and painting as they go.  It happens to settle right there with my beliefs of spirits inhabiting plants and helping them to grow into something quite miraculous but I could go on and on about the day to day miracles in our lives.  As my mother-in-law says up where she lives in a retirement community if you wake up it is a good day.


2 comments:

  1. Love your comments about clouds, as it seems to me no one has time to stop and look at anything except their cell phones these days. Love your perspective on things in the world around us! Thanks for sharing, Joyce!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I once asked my son when I was looking at big fluffy clouds "do you ever vision throwing a huge rope up and lassoing a cloud, squeezing it to make the water come out?" His answer, "um no, I just see a cloud". So glad to know there are others who like to see more out there!

    ReplyDelete